1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

AS PROMISED… CHASSIS TUNING

Discussion in 'Race Talk' started by BPWilliams, May 29, 2008.

1. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Jody this one is for you and all the others that need to add a little tuning to thier set-up! Remember a little push (Understeer) is better (SAFER) than oversteer!

Here is a shot of my new pit crew to get the guy's excited!

Keep it above 100.........

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ok BP I know the Girls are a distraction BUT............. looking at two different pics of Your car... to me am I seeing one with hood latches & one without & windshield closer to hood gap than on the other pic? Wendell

3. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Well I must admit this picture has more curves for sure! :p

I can also say that the car is the same as it has always been......

Enjoy!

Attached files [​IMG]

4. Must be a reflection, pic with girls looks like the windshield rubber is almost on hood gap in center, all the clear coat I guess!

5. Roush #1

Roush #1 Member

OH BRIAN !!!!

There is so much I could say about push .... that I am sure your pit crew could understand......

What car is Wendell talking about - maybe the green thing your crew is sitting in/on?

Thanks for the post.

I have already started on my oversteer situation by easing up on the rear shocks. I set them as soft (I hate to use that work in this post - it just doesn't fit) as they would go.

I am already running 225# springs on the rear. and will go there next.

I am changing one thing at a time to see if I can tell the difference.

It will be a while before I can road test. I have the headers and side pipes in Arkansas being enlarged .... (is that where your crew is from as certain parts of theirs appear to be enlarged) - 2" primaries into 4" sidepipes with removeable baffles in the mufflers and adustable - slip fit - muffler ends so the exit angle can be adjusted. The collector that bolts to the header on one end and the muffler on the other also has a slip fitting on the end that connects to the muffler.

Jody

6. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Just got my springs back from Alden and I am running 240 in the rear and 400 in the front. Those were pretty good spring rates for a big block Cobra.