1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Phoenix Int'l Raceway

Discussion in 'Race Talk' started by BPWilliams, Oct 8, 2007.

1. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Well just got done running at PIR on Saturday, what a blast! I had to make some adjustments after installing the sway-bar, But WOW it shaved 5 seconds off my time. I was turning 1:14's consistently and flying around the track! I will talk to Neal about posting to the server some great video! I passed a Viper GTS and a Lambo going into NASCAR turn 3 the car was hooking up!

Link to PIR VIDEO 1

Link to PIR VIDEO 2

Attached files [​IMG]

2. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

BP,

Fantastic shot of you and the lonestar diggin in. I can't wait to see the video!

Kinton

3. SnakeBite

SnakeBite Member

Hey Brian,

Ok I added the video link. It was too large to add to video upload. I may add it to Google if that’s ok with you. Let me know if anyone has any problems.

Great Video… I really like how you are able to cut the inside line about 3 feet or more shorter than the rest of the cars on the track. Those heavier cars have to swing out wide for those turns. I was surprised you were able to cut in on the Porsches as well, those guys usually run a tight line in the turns. Great Job man!!... I want to see more. Hey next time you should try mounting the camera on the trunk… it makes for a great feel and we get o see all your gauges. Hehe. Look up the Sticky Pod… its cheap and works very well with out messing up your paint and you can put it anywhere.

Well Great driving!!!.. I need to hit the track more. But my project has consumed all my time.

4. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Neal you can post it anywhere you like it is a fun video! I have the scond secission also, I will put on FTP... I am not savy with all of the you tube stuff so have at it.

I was totally amazed how well the car handeled! It was on rails (with a little throttle steer) :roll: I do need to increase my rear spring rate by about 100lbs and that car is going to rip!

I hope this get's others on the track it is the best place to have fun with your car, and the safest.... 8)

5. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

The link is right above the picture above......

6. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

Well I just finished watching the video....AGAIN! What a blast that must be. I look forward to doing that

Brian,

What do you think about organizing the LS owners and developing a Lonestar Classics racing circuit type of deal. Maybe a yearly Lonestar meet at texas speedway. Just a thought.

Kinton

7. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

First, and I think all would agree, some sort of extra training on advanced driving is a must if you own one of these cars. I am sure that everyone has had one experience that was nerve racking. Mine was spinning the car into a 360 in the middle of a crowded intersection. WAHOOO! :shock:

If at least if you do an autocross event with SCCA or NASA you will learn more about your car than not going at all. I think it would be hard to get a series going as we do not have that many owners that do this on a regular basis, but a once a year event is not out of the question.

In Arizona we normally hook up all of the Cobra's into one event to keep the cost down and we all have a blast!

8. SnakeBite

SnakeBite Member

Ok i added the second video link on teh first post.

Great stuff man!!!... keep it up!.

9. That is a fantastic photograph!

I ran 3 times at the other PIR ( Portland) this summer. Windshield wipers sometimes required. Neither my suspension tune or driver skills are on par with BP but I am 100% hooked on running on a race track.

Attached files [​IMG]

10. ElegantTexan

ElegantTexan Member

Kinton...we had our 'official' groundbreaking ceremony today at Driveway Austin with the mayor, local TV and press, and all of the partners etc. Had some fun driving a Porsche RS around our current 3/4 mile road circuit AND got to drive an EMS vehicle equipped with a $100,000 skid pad device. Mine was the only Cobra there, and even though one of our partners has a Ferrari Enzo, and there were loads of Porsches etc., the Cobra STILL drew the most attention...ESPECIALLY when I started it up and drove a few laps.

We plan to have the FULL 2.5 mile road circuit finished for an International meet here on December 9th, and I want to see if we can use it somehow for next March's Cobra Club meeting here in Austin. Hopefully, as a board member, I can swing us a discount!!!!! As Austin is fairly central for Dallas, Houston and San Antonio folks, perhaps we can do some race stuff here on a regular basis.

Remember, this is NOT an oval, but a true 36' wide road circuit with a number of elevation changes, a 2400 foot straightaway and one corner is a 'reverse' of 'The Corkscrew' at Laguna Seca. Once I get time, I will post the circuit layout on the forum.

Glyn

11. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

RattlesnakePete, Thanks for the complements :wink: I am no pro for sure but I do have a lot of events with the Cobra. It is a fun car on the track and it has taken a few years to get to where I am at. Hopefully we can minimize the learning curve with things that CC and I have done with these cars.

12. Lawler

Lawler Active Member

Glyn,

I am all in on that one. You have my vote. So, as a board member, I suppose you get to stretch out the cobra legs anytime you want? Good for you, you deserve it.

Kinton

13. Reptyl

Reptyl Member

ET,

I agree, a track event would be great at the next TCC meet in Austin. It would also make a better background for the group photo than a horse farm!

RT

14. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Boy I should have got a rear shot of me passing that Lambo in NASCAR turn 3! That would have made a great add! :D

15. Brian,

I would be very honored if you used my photograph. George ( owner of the vette) is going to be upset that I am in front of him! He actually is much fast then me. At least for now!

Love my baby. LSC427 SN #77.

16. BPWilliams

BPWilliams Member

Brian,

Thanks for putting that shot of me on the front web site! That really is a cool picture and it shows what these cars do best! Kick Butt!!