1. ATTENTION EXISTING USERS: If this is your first visit to the new forum, you must reset your password. Please go to http://cobrakitcar.net/lost-password to reset your password.

Dismiss Notice

Track upgrades

Discussion in 'Race Talk' started by RBLONG, May 11, 2007.

1. RBLONG

RBLONG Member

I see it has been a while since anyone posted anything about a couple upgrades I think I may need. I am going to start tracking my car at MSR - I have run a couple other cars there but never my LSC Comp 427. I have the standard factory discs on all four - what is everyone going to for upgrade and do you go as far as adding power? I have added a front anti sway bar, did anyone come up with one for the back?

My car runs a 580HP FE big block, Alden adj coil overs, standard trans, 17" wheels.

Any other pointers? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce

2. MatT

MatT Member

I use Hawk Black pads on front w/ my Baer brakes. I'd get a good alignment, hopefully w/ some camber. In my opinion, sticky tires are almost a must (wider is better). Normally you can learn your car at lower speeds w/ street tires well, but these things are so overpowered, the sticky tires are very valuable.

For goodness sake don't add any more power, you'll have your hands full enough with what you got.

You should be in good shape w/ your sway bar and shocks. You may want stiffer springs too eventually. I know a few guys that run 600+ lb front springs.

As far as a rear sway bar, that may induce alot of oversteer. A friend had to remove his as it made his car almost undrivable at the track.

You may want to look at calculating wheel rates if you get deeper into it to choose springs and swaybar combos.

Mat

3. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Member

I autocross alot so my setup won't be the same as yours for the track. I would love to see info on your sway bar. I added one but it is lame. I have changed suspension geometry to improve handling considerably. Can you post parts numbers and pictures of how you mounted your sway bar etc?

Thanks
    8)
    CC

4. RBLONG

RBLONG Member